Pure Encapsulations® G.I. Fortify Powder, 400 grams
- Health Practitioner Brand
- Guaranteed 3-Day Delivery on All Orders
- Free Shipping on Orders Over $49
- Official Online Retailer for Pure Encapsulations®
- Freshness Guaranteed
- Certified Gold Partner
Pure Encapsulations® G.I. Fortify (powder) is a blend of high-impact fiber, herbs, and nutrients to support overall gastrointestinal function and health. G.I. Fortify specifically supports the function, microflora balance, cellular health, and detoxification of the G.I. tract. Order your bottle today!
Please see California's Prop 65 warning.
Pure Encapsulations® manufactures a line of hypoallergenic, research-based dietary supplements that are designed to deliver predictable and desired results to help your body operate at its fullest potential. Pure Encapsulations® is committed to sourcing pure, premium ingredients to help you achieve optimal health. Products are nothing but pure. Dietary supplements are formulated with premium raw ingredients and are scientifically tested to ensure that each ingredient and final product meets quality standards. All Pure Encapsulations® products are free from wheat and gluten; eggs; peanuts; coatings and shellacs; GMOs; magnesium stearate; trans fats and hydrogenated oils; artificial colors, flavors, and sweeteners; and unnecessary binders, fillers, and preservatives. Pure Encapsulations® source premium raw materials from trusted industry leaders, including the finest suppliers from the United States, France, Japan, Switzerland, Germany, and Italy. All ingredients are tested for purity and potency by independent certified laboratories. Ingredient suppliers must meet rigorous testing and quality criteria to quality as a Pure Encapsulations® supplier.
This product is manufactured according to the cGMP Standards and Inspection. Tests before, during, and after processing guarantee uniform quality and purity. Quality manufacturing practices are essential to the integrity of professionally oriented natural health products. That is why our dispensary is independently registered by NSF® to meet cGMP requirements for the brands we carry. NSF International audits each of our facilities twice per year. Together, we offer industry-leading shipping times and reliability. Orders placed before 4:30 PM EST are processed and shipped the same day and will arrive at your door within days.
What is G.I. Fortify?
- GI Fortify Powder is a blend of high-impact fiber, herbs and nutrients, providing far-reaching support for gastrointestinal function and occasional constipation. By combining psyllium with Nutra-Flax™ high-lignan flax seed, glutamine, DGL Plus® and triphala, this formula is designed to promote function, microflora balance, integrity, tone, comfort, cellular health, and detoxification of the gastrointestinal tract.
Uses for G.I. Fortify
- G.I. Motility: Psyllium, Plantago indica or blond psyllium, is grown primarily in India, Europe and the United States and is a valued source of soluble fiber. Soluble fiber increases stool volume when taken with appropriate amounts of water, supporting larger and softer stools for healthy bowel movements. As the bulk moves through the intestine, it helps to collect and eliminate other waste and toxins from the intestinal walls. This helps to minimize the amount of exposure of the gastrointestinal tract to toxins. Nutra-Flax™ provides a source of lignans, fatty acids, and both soluble and insoluble fibers, enhancing the gut health potential of this complex. Triphala, literally meaning “three fruits,” is a standardized blend of three fruit extracts in equal proportions, Terminalia chebula, Terminalia belerica, and Emblica officinalis. It is an Ayurvedic blend prized for supporting intestinal detoxification and occasional constipation. Triphala has a long traditional history of use for bowel tonification and consists of various nutritive compounds, including antioxidants, tannins and polyphenols.
- G.I. Integrity: l-Glutamine is the most abundant amino acid in the body. In times of stress or increased metabolic demand, glutamine is an especially important source of energy for the G.I. tract. In the gut, glutamine maintains healthy integrity of the intestinal tract and enhances the protective mucosal lining. This helps to ensure proper nutrient utilization and absorption while limiting the amount of toxins that pass through the intestinal barrier.
- G.I. Cell Health: Soluble fiber is fermented in the large intestines by intestinal microflora, producing short chain fatty acids (SCFAs). SCFAs are extremely important energy sources for the colon and have protective effects for healthy colon cell function. Furthermore, SCFAs keep the intestinal environment acidic, providing optimal conditions for lactobacillus and other beneficial bacteria to thrive. The fiber content of flax seed provides additional support for healthy intestinal function, microflora balance, and overall colon health. The ability of lignans to support colon cell health has been reported in numerous studies and may be due in part to antioxidant protection and the ability to promote healthy beta-glucuronidase activity and detoxification.
- GI Comfort: GI Fortify contains a synergistic combination of deglycyrrhizinated licorice (DGL), aloe, slippery elm and marshmallow root that enhances the protective mucous lining throughout the gastrointestinal tract, promoting gut integrity and providing a soothing effect.
Potential Side Effects or Precautions
- Not to be taken by pregnant or lactating women.
- Psyllium and flaxseed may cause gastrointestinal discomfort, including bloating, flatulence, abdominal pain, or diarrhea.
- In rare cases, psyllium has been associated with headache, backache, rhinitis, increased cough, and sinusitis.
- Psyllium should be consumed with adequate water, as case reports indicate a potential for bowel obstruction when it is consumed without water.
- Rarely, individuals can have an allergic response to psyllium, with symptoms including runny nose, sneezing, conjunctivitis, skin rash, itching, flushing, chest and throat tightness, congestion, hypotension, or anaphylactic shock.
- Consult your physician for more information.
Potential Drug Interactions
- L-Glutamine is contra-indicated with anticonvulsant medications.
- Psyllium, flaxseed and marshmallow root may be contra-indicated with oral anti-hyperglycemic medications.
- Psyllium and flaxseed may be contra-indicated with oral anti-hyperglycemic and/or blood
- Consult your physician for more information.