Pure Encapsulations® Lithium Liquid (SEE REPLACEMENT)
Pure Encapsulations® Lithium was discontinued on March 25, 2020. The replacement product is Lithium Spray by Genestra Brands®, a sister company of Pure Encapsulations®. Below is a bit of information between the differences.
Pure Encapsulations® Lithium Liquid was an orotate liquid form, and Genestra Brands® Lithium Spray is a citrate liquid form. To date, there have been no real research studies regarding the differences between lithium orotate and lithium citrate. At best, there have been opinions that the orotate form is better as it is believed by some health practitioners (not scientists) that the orotate form is more bioavailable. However, there have been much safety concerns within the scientific community when it comes to the orotate version.
Because Genestra Brands® Lithium Spray is the only comparable option to Pure Encapsulations® Lithium Liquid, we recommend trying it for a month and see how you do with it. Genestra's commitment to quality, purity, potency, and safety are one in the same with Pure Encapsulations® as they are sister companies that do fall under the same parent company, Atrium Innovations.
If you decide to go with the Genestra Brands® Lithium Spray, you would stick with one serving of 1,000 mcg. (1 spray) as it is equivalent to one serving of Pure Encapsulations® Lithium Liquid (2,000 mcg.). This is because the citrate form provides the same benefits at half the dosage of the orotate form. In other words, 1,000 mcg. of citrate is equivalent to 2,000 mcg. of orotate.
As for the price, the Genestra lithium is almost $3 more per bottle at $25.90. However, one Genestra bottle provides 67 servings which is more than double one bottle of the Pure Encapsulations lithium, making it a bit more economical overall.
Please click here to check out Genestra Brands® Lithium Spray.
Pure Encapsulations® manufactures a line of hypoallergenic, research-based dietary supplements that are designed to deliver predictable and desired results to help your body operate at its fullest potential. Pure Encapsulations® is committed to sourcing pure, premium ingredients to help you achieve optimal health. Products are nothing but pure. Dietary supplements are formulated with premium raw ingredients and are scientifically tested to ensure that each ingredient and final product meets quality standards. All Pure Encapsulations® products are free from wheat and gluten; eggs; peanuts; coatings and shellacs; GMOs; magnesium stearate; trans fats and hydrogenated oils; artificial colors, flavors, and sweeteners; and unnecessary binders, fillers, and preservatives. Pure Encapsulations® source premium raw materials from trusted industry leaders, including the finest suppliers from the United States, France, Japan, Switzerland, Germany, and Italy. All ingredients are tested for purity and potency by independent certified laboratories. Ingredient suppliers must meet rigorous testing and quality criteria to quality as a Pure Encapsulations® supplier.
This product is manufactured according to the cGMP Standards and Inspection. Tests before, during, and after processing guarantee uniform quality and purity. Quality manufacturing practices are essential to the integrity of professionally oriented natural health products. That is why our dispensary is independently registered by NSF® to meet cGMP requirements for the brands we carry. NSF International audits each of our facilities twice per year. Together, we offer industry-leading shipping times and reliability. Orders placed before 4:30 PM EST are processed and shipped the same day and will arrive at your door within days.
What is Lithium Liquid?
- Lithium Liquid offers the essential trace element lithium in a convenient, low-dose liquid form to support cognitive health, including neuronal protection, brain function and mental performance.
Uses for Lithium Liquid
- Cognitive Function: Lithium liquid provides the nutritionally essential trace element lithium at the low doses found in plant-derived foods and drinking water of lithium-rich regions. Lithium is an essential micronutrient with some chemical properties similar to calcium and magnesium. It is present in all organs and tissues in the body. Lithium has a long history of clinical use for supporting healthy mood and behavior. Mechanisms for this involve promoting dopamine and serotonin neurotransmitter activity. Lithium also plays a role in gene expression of natural detoxification enzymes in the brain, including glutathione-s-transferase (GST). This offers important neuron antioxidant protection, which may also contribute to healthy spatial memory. A 12-month, randomized, double-blind trial involving 45 individuals suggests that low-dose lithium supplementation promotes cognitive performance, in part by supporting healthy cerebrospinal fluid protein concentrations. Lithium may also support healthy brain receptor function, protein processing and brain signaling cascades to maintain healthy mental function.
Potential Side Effects or Precautions
- Not to be taken by pregnant and lactating women.
- Lithium has been associated with GI upset, fatigue, polyuria, weight gain, edema or skin rash.
- Cases in which long-term use of lithium has resulted in hypothyroidism or mild memory impairment have also been reported.
- Individuals with bipolar disorder and depression must be monitored closely by a health professional if taking this supplement. It is recommended that individuals taking this supplement have kidney function monitored regularly.
- It is recommended that individuals taking this supplement have lithium levels and kidney function monitored regularly.
- Do not exceed the recommended dose of your health professional.
- Consult your physician for more information.
Potential Drug Interactions
- Not to be taken in conjunction with SSRIs or MAOIs unless advised by a health professional.
- Certain medications, such as calcium channel blockers or ACE inhibitors, may alter the metabolism of lithium.
- Consult your physician for more information.