Pure Encapsulations® Ester-C® & Flavonoids, 180 vcaps (DISCONTINUED)
- Health Practitioner Brand
- Guaranteed 3-Day Delivery on All Orders
- Free Shipping on Orders Over $49
- Official Online Retailer for Pure Encapsulations®
- Freshness Guaranteed
- Certified Gold Partner
Pure Encapsulations® Ester-C® and Flavonoids is a blend of Vitamin C and various flavonoid compounds to provide enhanced Vitamin C support. Ester-C® & Flavonoids help maintain a healthy immune system as well as support to blood vessel integrity and healthy cell function. Order your bottle today!
Pure Encapsulations® manufactures a line of hypoallergenic, research-based dietary supplements that are designed to deliver predictable and desired results to help your body operate at its fullest potential. Pure Encapsulations® is committed to sourcing pure, premium ingredients to help you achieve optimal health. Products are nothing but pure. Dietary supplements are formulated with premium raw ingredients and are scientifically tested to ensure that each ingredient and final product meets quality standards. All Pure Encapsulations® products are free from wheat and gluten; eggs; peanuts; coatings and shellacs; GMOs; magnesium stearate; trans fats and hydrogenated oils; artificial colors, flavors, and sweeteners; and unnecessary binders, fillers, and preservatives. Pure Encapsulations® source premium raw materials from trusted industry leaders, including the finest suppliers from the United States, France, Japan, Switzerland, Germany, and Italy. All ingredients are tested for purity and potency by independent certified laboratories. Ingredient suppliers must meet rigorous testing and quality criteria to quality as a Pure Encapsulations® supplier.
This product is manufactured according to the cGMP Standards and Inspection. Tests before, during, and after processing guarantee uniform quality and purity. Quality manufacturing practices are essential to the integrity of professionally oriented natural health products. That is why our dispensary is independently registered by NSF® to meet cGMP requirements for the brands we carry. NSF International audits each of our facilities twice per year. Together, we offer industry-leading shipping times and reliability. Orders placed before 4:30 PM EST are processed and shipped the same day and will arrive at your door within days.
What is Ester-C® & Flavonoids?
- Ester-C® is a natural, non-acidic water-soluble form of Vitamin C that is distinguished by its unique chemical composition and biological activity. It is manufactured in an exclusive, water-based process that results in a mixture of naturally occurring Vitamin C metabolites, including ascorbate, dehydroascorbate, and threonate.
Uses for Ester-C® & Flavonoids
- Antioxidant Support: Animal studies show increased plasma Vitamin C concentration and delayed urinary excretion with administration of Ester-C, suggesting that it is readily absorbed and efficiently utilized. Calcium l-threonate, a metabolite of calcium ascorbate, may facilitate the transport and uptake of Vitamin C, playing a key role in optimizing cellular levels. A human study involving 12 subjects indicated favorable bioavailability as well as revealing a boost in white blood cell levels. The bioflavonoids quercetin, rutin and pomegranate extract are powerful free radical scavengers that complement the roles of Vitamin C. Quercetin helps maintain healthy histamine release and moderates healthy leukotriene and prostaglandin metabolism. Rutin and pomegranate extract provide important support for blood vessel integrity and healthy cell function.
Potential Side Effects or Precautions
- If pregnant or lactating, consult your physician before taking this product.
- People with the following conditions should consult their doctor before supplementing with Vitamin C: glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency, iron overload (hemosiderosis or hemochromatosis), history of kidney stones, or kidney failure.
- It has been suggested that people who form calcium oxalate kidney stones should avoid Vitamin C supplements because vitamin C can convert into oxalate and increase urinary oxalate.
- In rare cases, quercetin may cause headaches and mild tingling of the extremities. Consult your physician for more information.
Potential Drug Interactions
- Quercetin may react with calcium channel blockers, estradiol, and immune suppressive drugs. Consult your physician for more information.