Pure Encapsulations® Vitamin D3 5,000 IU
- Health Practitioner Brand
- Guaranteed 3-Day Delivery on All Orders
- Free Shipping on Orders Over $49
- Official Online Retailer for Pure Encapsulations®
- Freshness Guaranteed
- Certified Gold Partner
Pure Encapsulations® Vitamin D3 naturally supports calcium absorption and retention within bones to promote optimal bone health. Vitamin D3 also supports colon, cardiovascular, prostate, and breast health by promoting healthy cellular function. Order your bottle today!
Pure Encapsulations® manufactures a line of hypoallergenic, research-based dietary supplements that are designed to deliver predictable and desired results to help your body operate at its fullest potential. Pure Encapsulations® is committed to sourcing pure, premium ingredients to help you achieve optimal health. Products are nothing but pure. Dietary supplements are formulated with premium raw ingredients and are scientifically tested to ensure that each ingredient and final product meets quality standards. All Pure Encapsulations® products are free from wheat and gluten; eggs; peanuts; coatings and shellacs; GMOs; magnesium stearate; trans fats and hydrogenated oils; artificial colors, flavors, and sweeteners; and unnecessary binders, fillers, and preservatives. Pure Encapsulations® source premium raw materials from trusted industry leaders, including the finest suppliers from the United States, France, Japan, Switzerland, Germany, and Italy. All ingredients are tested for purity and potency by independent certified laboratories. Ingredient suppliers must meet rigorous testing and quality criteria to quality as a Pure Encapsulations® supplier.
This product is manufactured according to the cGMP Standards and Inspection. Tests before, during, and after processing guarantee uniform quality and purity. Quality manufacturing practices are essential to the integrity of professionally oriented natural health products. That is why our dispensary is independently registered by NSF® to meet cGMP requirements for the brands we carry. NSF International audits each of our facilities twice per year. Together, we offer industry-leading shipping times and reliability. Orders placed before 4:30 PM EST are processed and shipped the same day and will arrive at your door within days.
What is Vitamin D3?
- Vitamin D3 enhances calcium absorption and retention, a key nutritional role in supporting healthy bones, and may play a potential role in cardiovascular, colon and cellular health. Vitamin D levels have been shown to decline with age, due primarily to a reduction in either absorption or metabolism by the liver. Decreased exposure to sunlight, a vegetarian diet, or a low intake of Vitamin D fortified foods also play a role in inadequate vitamin D levels.
Uses for Vitamin D3
- Bone Health: Vitamin D promotes intestinal calcium and phosphorous absorption and reduces urinary calcium loss, essential
mechanisms for maintaining proper calcium levels in the body and for healthy bone composition. Clinical studies involving Vitamin D supplementation suggest the importance of Vitamin D in addition to calcium for bone health. Vitamin D supplementation alone may also support bone health.
- Cardiovascular Support: Vitamin D may also provide cardiovascular support for some individuals, which may be attributed to its effect on calcium metabolism or possibly by helping to maintain healthy plasma renin function.
- Cellular Health: Studies suggest Vitamin D supports colon health by promoting healthy cellular function. Vitamin D is also believed to provide general cellular support potential, including breast and prostate cells, in part by helping to maintain healthy angiogenesis balance, supporting immune cell activity and maintaining healthy cell metabolism. Preliminary evidence suggests that Vitamin D may also play a role in maintaining healthy glucose metabolism, since Vitamin D receptors are present on the islet cells of the pancreas.
Potential Side Effects or Precautions
- It is recommended that individuals using more than 2,000 IU Vitamin D per day have their blood levels monitored.
- Large doses of Vitamin D can cause hypercalcemia, signs include headache, weakness, nausea, vomiting, and constipation.
- Individuals with hyperparathyroidism or kidney disease are at particular risk. Consult your physician for more information.
- Vitamin D3 10,000 IU and Vitamin D3 5,000 IU and are not to be taken by pregnant or lactating women.
- If pregnant or lactating, consult your physician before taking Vitamin D3 400 IU or Vitamin D3 1,000 IU.
- Accidental overdose of Vitamin D can lead to serious adverse side effects in infants. This product is not intended for infants. Consult a health professional for more information.
Potential Drug Interactions
- Vitamin D may result in hypercalcemia in certain individuals taking digoxin or thiazide diuretics. Consult your physician for more information.