Metabolic® Maintenance B-Complex Phosphorylated, 100 vcaps
- Health Practitioner Brand
- Guaranteed 3-Day Delivery on All Orders
- Free Shipping on Orders Over $49
- Official Online Retailer for Metabolic® Maintenance
- Freshness Guaranteed
B-Complex provides essential nutrients needed for numerous systems and biochemical reactions. Metabolic® Maintenance B-Complex contains the phosphorylated forms of B-2 (Riboflavin) and B-6 and the methylated forms of B-12 and L-methylfolate for superior bioavailability. B vitamins play many roles in the body including participating in cellular energy production; promoting conversion of homocysteine and supporting heart health; providing important nutritional elements for healthy nerve cells and neurotransmitter formation; and aiding in healthy red blood cell formation.Order your bottle today!
For over three decades, Metabolic® Maintenance has been steadfast in producing pure, high quality, preservative free products with no added excipients, fillers or binders. Their products are manufactured per the highest standards with only the most conscientious sourcing of ingredients. The foundation of who they are is not only evident in the products they produce but the environment in which they work as well as the fact that they are the oldest family owned company in our industry of nutritional supplements. Based out of the High Cascades in Central Oregon, they are fortunate to live and manufacture in a community that is beaming with health and wellness professionals, extreme world class athletes, and families that strive for optimal health and longevity of life.
This product is manufactured according to the cGMP Standards and Inspection. Tests before, during and after processing guarantee uniform quality and purity. Quality manufacturing practices are essential to the integrity of professionally oriented natural health products. That is why our dispensary is independently registered by NSF® to meet cGMP requirements for the brands we carry. NSF International audits each of our facilities twice per year. Together, we offer industry-leading shipping times and reliability. Orders placed before 4:30 PM EST are processed and shipped the same day and will arrive at your door within days.
What is B-Complex Phosphorylated?
B-Complex formulas typically provide a combination of 8 B vitamins. Metabolic® Maintenance B-Complex contains the phosphorylated forms of B-2 (Riboflavin) and B-6, and the methylated forms of B-12 and folate (L-methylfolate) for superior bioavailability, as well as some additional, valuable nutrients to support the work of B vitamins within your body systems. B vitamins are involved in cellular energy production, conversion of homocysteine, heart health, nerve health, neurotransmitter formation, and healthy red blood cell formation.
How Does B-Complex Phosphorylated Work?
Overall, this B-Complex provides essential nutrients needed for numerous functions and reactions in the body including cellular energy production, maintaining healthy homocysteine levels, neurotransmitter formation, and red blood cell formation.
- Thiamine (B-1) is converted to the coenzyme thiamin pyrophosphate (TTP), which is essential for the metabolism of carbohydrates, branched-chain amino acids, and fatty acids. It is involved in the production of ribose sugar, which in turn supports cardiovascular health, and neurotransmitter production, thereby supporting mood. Thiamine is also important for neural health and deficiency can lead to peripheral neuropathy.
- Riboflavin 5 phosphate is the active form of riboflavin (vitamin B-2). It is the precursor to coenzymes involved in energy production through electron transport in redox reactions. Riboflavin is also essential for the metabolism of B-6, folate, niacin, and iron.
- Niacin (B-3) is required for DNA repair. Niacinamide, the form of niacin contained in this formula, is a precursor of nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD), a coenzyme involved in more than 400 energy-producing redox reactions, including the catabolism of carbohydrates, proteins, and fats.
- Pantothenic acid (vitamin B-5) is a precursor for coenzyme A, involved in many biochemical reactions that sustain life, including generating energy from dietary fat, carbohydrates and proteins. Coenzyme A is needed for the biosynthesis of fatty acids, cholesterol, and acetylcholine.
- Vitamin B-6 (as pyridoxine HCl and its bio-active coenzyme form P5P) is essential for protein metabolism. The synthesis of neurotransmitters, including serotonin and dopamine, is also dependent on B-6. B-6 is also required for the formation of hemoglobin found in red blood cells and for homocysteine metabolism.
- Biotin (B-7; vitamin H) is a coenzyme for 5 carboxylases, including Acetyl CoA, which is required for fatty acid synthesis, energy production, and amino acid metabolism. It is a key regulator of gene expression. Low levels of biotin can lead to hair loss and skin rashes.
- L-methylfolate is the activated form of folate found in food and used by the body for many biochemical reactions involving one-carbon transfer (methylation). Unlike folic acid, L-methylfolate does not require conversion by the MTHFR enzyme, a function that is impaired by genetic variations present in about half the population. L-methylfolate is essential for neurotransmitter synthesis, homocysteine metabolism, neural development, and DNA synthesis.
- Methylcobalamin (B-12) is needed along with B-6 and folate for healthy homocysteine metabolism. B-12 is essential for the preservation of the myelin sheath around neurons, neurotransmitter synthesis, and DNA integrity.
- Choline not a B vitamin, but it is an essential nutrient necessary for many steps of metabolism and cellular integrity . Choline is used to synthesize phosphatidylcholine and sphingomyelin, two major phospholipids vital for cell membranes. It is also a precursor for the neurotransmitter acetylcholine, which affects memory, mood, muscle control, and other brain and nervous system functions. Another metabolite of choline is trimethylglycine, a donor in the methylation cycle.
- Inositol is the structural basis for inositol phosphates which serve as secondary messengers governing cell growth and differentiation. Inositol supports the production of serotonin, and low inositol concentrations have been reported in patients diagnosed with mood disorders. Inositol is also part phosphatidylinositol, a structural lipid in cell membranes.
- Para-aminobenzoic acid, or PABA, is a non-protein amino acid widely found in nature, with antifibrotic activity. PABA may also increase oxygen uptake at the tissue level while enhancing serotonin metabolism.
- Vitamin C is an antioxidant with numerous functions. However, the ascorbyl palmitate in B-Complex has been included mostly as an encapsulation aid.
What is the Suggested Use for B-Complex Phosphorylated?
Pregnant women, older adults, and vegans may be the most likely to benefit from taking a B-complex supplement, as their diets typically contain less than the recommended daily intake of these important nutrients. There are also certain medical conditions that interfere with the absorption of B vitamins from food, and a supplement may significantly improve B vitamin status for these individuals as well. Taking these high-quality, highly absorbable B-vitamin supplements may also improve mood and cognitive function.
According to information provided by our suppliers, these capsules are free of the 8 major allergens as identified by the Food Allergen Labeling and Consumer Protection Act of 2004 (FALCPA): Wheat (gluten), eggs, milk, soybeans, shellfish, fish, peanuts, tree nuts.
- Adults: Take one (1) capsule daily with a meal, or as directed by a healthcare professional.
- Pregnant or lactating women and individuals taking prescription medications should consult with a healthcare professional before taking any supplement.
- If you have a medical condition or take pharmaceutical drugs, please consult with your healthcare practitioner before using this product.
- Keep away from children.
- Safety sealed for your protection.
- Keep bottle capped at all times and store in a cool dry place.