Metabolic® Maintenance Zinc Picolinate, 30 mg., 100 vcaps
- Health Practitioner Brand
- Guaranteed 3-Day Delivery on All Orders
- Free Shipping on Orders Over $49
- Official Online Retailer for Metabolic® Maintenance
- Freshness Guaranteed
Zinc is critical for immune function, growth, wound healing, and healthy DNA structure. Metabolic® Maintenance Zinc Picolinate is one of the most bio-available forms of zinc currently available. When compared to zinc gluconate in a double-blind experiment, zinc picolinate was shown to be significantly better absorbed. Metabolic® Maintenance Zinc Picolinate is combined with vitamin C to increase bio-availability. Order your bottle today!
For over three decades, Metabolic® Maintenance has been steadfast in producing pure, high quality, preservative free products with no added excipients, fillers or binders. Their products are manufactured per the highest standards with only the most conscientious sourcing of ingredients. The foundation of who they are is not only evident in the products they produce but the environment in which they work as well as the fact that they are the oldest family owned company in our industry of nutritional supplements. Based out of the High Cascades in Central Oregon, they are fortunate to live and manufacture in a community that is beaming with health and wellness professionals, extreme world class athletes, and families that strive for optimal health and longevity of life.
This product is manufactured according to the cGMP Standards and Inspection. Tests before, during and after processing guarantee uniform quality and purity. Quality manufacturing practices are essential to the integrity of professionally oriented natural health products. That is why our dispensary is independently registered by NSF® to meet cGMP requirements for the brands we carry. NSF International audits each of our facilities twice per year. Together, we offer industry-leading shipping times and reliability. Orders placed before 4:30 PM EST are processed and shipped the same day and will arrive at your door within days.
What is Zinc Picolinate?
Zinc Picolinate is one of the most bio-available forms of zinc. Zinc is an essential trace mineral critical for immune function, growth, wound healing, and healthy DNA structure.
How Does Zinc Picolinate Work?
- Zinc Promotes Healthy Cellular Metabolism: Numerous aspects of cellular metabolism are zinc-dependent. Zinc plays important roles in growth and development, the immune response, neurological function, and reproduction. Zinc is a catalyst for over 300 enzymes, including those involved in protein metabolism and the production of energy. Zinc plays a structural role in proteins and cell membranes, and protects them against oxidative damage. DNA transcription and gene activity are regulated by “zinc fingers”, protein structures requiring zinc. In the immune system, zinc is needed for many functions, including B- and T-lymphocyte activity, and normal development of macrophages and natural killer cells.
- Zinc Overcomes Zinc Deficiency: Marginal dietary zinc deficiency is common worldwide. Those at greatest risk of zinc deficiency include children, the elderly and pregnant women. Normal zinc metabolism is impaired by alcoholism, malabsorption syndromes, intake of caffeine, foods rich in oxalic or phytic acid, antibiotics and bisphosphonates. Picolinic acid is a zinc-binding ligand found in human milk. It has been postulated that this compound is what makes zinc in human milk so bioavailable. Supplementation with zinc picolinate has been shown to raise zinc levels significantly better than other forms of zinc.
- Complimentary Vitamin C Partners with Zinc: The most important water-soluble antioxidant in the body, Vitamin C supports general health and immune system function. It protects indispensible molecules, such as proteins, lipids, RNA and DNA, from damage by free radicals and reactive oxygen species generated by normal metabolism and exposure to toxins and pollutants.
What is the Suggested Use for Zinc Picolinate?
- Normal immune response
- Reproductive health
- Proper Enzyme function
According to information provided by our suppliers, these capsules are free of the 8 major allergens as identified by the Food Allergen Labeling and Consumer Protection Act of 2004 (FALCPA): Wheat (gluten), eggs, milk, soybeans, shellfish, fish, peanuts, tree nuts.
- Adults: Take one (1) capsule daily with a meal, or as directed by a healthcare professional.
- Pregnant or lactating women and individuals taking prescription medications should consult with a healthcare professional before taking any supplement.
- If you have a medical condition or take pharmaceutical drugs, please consult with your healthcare practitioner before using this product.
- Keep away from children.
- Safety sealed for your protection.
- Keep bottle capped at all times and store in a cool dry place.