Metabolic® Maintenance R.E.M. Maintenance™, 360 grams
- Health Practitioner Brand
- Guaranteed 3-Day Delivery on All Orders
- Free Shipping on Orders Over $49
- Official Online Retailer for Metabolic® Maintenance
- Freshness Guaranteed
Recent research emphasizes the importance of sleep for cognition, cardiovascular health, and balanced mood. However, for many, restful sleep remains elusive. Metabolic® Maintenance R.E.M. Maintenance™ is non-habit forming and provides nutrients that support both physical and mental relaxation. Melatonin and 5-HTP are provided to enhance sleep onset while the minerals magnesium and potassium aid muscle relaxation. Glycine enhances sleep quality while both glycine and inositol ease nervous tension. Order your bottle today!
For over three decades, Metabolic® Maintenance has been steadfast in producing pure, high quality, preservative free products with no added excipients, fillers or binders. Their products are manufactured per the highest standards with only the most conscientious sourcing of ingredients. The foundation of who they are is not only evident in the products they produce but the environment in which they work as well as the fact that they are the oldest family owned company in our industry of nutritional supplements. Based out of the High Cascades in Central Oregon, they are fortunate to live and manufacture in a community that is beaming with health and wellness professionals, extreme world class athletes, and families that strive for optimal health and longevity of life.
This product is manufactured according to the cGMP Standards and Inspection. Tests before, during and after processing guarantee uniform quality and purity. Quality manufacturing practices are essential to the integrity of professionally oriented natural health products. That is why our dispensary is independently registered by NSF® to meet cGMP requirements for the brands we carry. NSF International audits each of our facilities twice per year. Together, we offer industry-leading shipping times and reliability. Orders placed before 4:30 PM EST are processed and shipped the same day and will arrive at your door within days.
What is R.E.M. Maintenance™?
Science shows that sleep is important for cognition, cardiovascular health, and balanced mood, but many of us aren’t getting the restful sleep we need. R.E.M. Maintenance™ is non-habit forming and provides nutrients that support both physical and mental relaxation. Melatonin and 5-HTP are included in the formula to help bring on sleep, magnesium and potassium aid in muscle relaxation, and both glycine and inositol ease nervous tension.
How Does R.E.M. Maintenance™ Work?
R.E.M. Maintenance™ provides a combination of ingredients to support healthy sleep patterns including:
- Melatonin is a hormone that is synthesized from serotonin and produced naturally by the pineal gland during hours of darkness. It is responsible for regulating the "body clock” that controls when you're awake and when your body is ready for sleep . Melatonin supplements should be taken only in the evenings so that the highest levels of circulating melatonin occur when you are ready to bring on sleep, mimicking the natural cycle. Supplementing with melatonin alone will not change circulating levels of serotonin, or affect mood, but low levels of serotonin could be a cause for poor melatonin production and consequential difficulty sleeping.
- 5-hydroxytryptophan, better known as 5-HTP, is naturally produced by the body as a precursor for the production of serotonin. However, 5-HTP bypasses the light-triggering system that regulates the release of melatonin, and so provides the substrate for an increase in both serotonin and melatonin release, regardless of light or time of day. Because 5-HTP increases serotonin, it has a calming, relaxing effect on brain chemistry, and may help to ease any anxiety that occasionally arises at bedtime. Studies have shown that 5-HTP supplementation can help patients fall asleep faster and sleep more deeply than a placebo.
- Inositol is used by your brain as a “secondary messenger,” facilitating communication between brain cells. All of the major neurotransmitters rely on inositol to relay messages. Inositol not only improves the effectiveness of serotonin, but GABA, glutamate, and dopamine also promote a stronger sense of well-being, a more restful sleep at night, and a more even-tempered mood during the day.
- Glycine is an amino acid that easily crosses the blood-brain barrier, inducing a calming effect on the brain, and helps you wind down to prepare for sleep. Glycine triggers the biological clock to reduce core body temperature through vasodilation, which is an important biological step in the onset of sleep. Glycine also works as a neurotransmitter and has both stimulatory and inhibitory effects on parts of the brain and central nervous system. It is also involved in the production of other biochemicals that influence these body functions, including serotonin.
- Magnesium and potassium are two minerals with a plethora of functions throughout the body. These are essential minerals because they are not produced by the body and must be consumed regularly in the diet in order to fulfill the body’s need for proper function. Magnesium deficiency is very common and associated with symptoms such as insomnia, leg cramping, and restless leg syndrome. Magnesium is a regulator of the parasympathetic nervous system, the system responsible for promoting calm and relaxation. It also helps to regulate melatonin and GABA, the neurotransmitter responsible for quieting the nervous system. Unfortunately, as we age, we tend to find less magnesium is being absorbed from our diet, and this problem can be exacerbated by conditions such as diabetes, digestive issues, or high alcohol consumption. Potassium channels and their functions are essential to cell signaling and brain synapses. Potassium helps nerves and muscles communicate, and helps move nutrients into cells and to remove waste products from cells. Studies have shown that potassium supplementation helped participants sleep deeply, without interruption in sleep cycles.
What is the Suggested Use for R.E.M. Maintenance™?
- Encouraging the onset of sleep: As we age, we tend to produce less and less melatonin. This may be the reason new sleep difficulties often arise as we advance into our later years. Coupled with the change in body temperature brought on by glycine, a low dose of melatonin at bedtime can help to mimic the natural sleep cycles of our youth. 5-HTP and inositol may also help to ward off some of the anxiety that can prevent us from falling asleep.
- Promoting restful sleep: Balanced serotonin production, signaling, and metabolism in response to a variety of quality nutrients may help us to stay asleep and feel rested upon waking. Potassium may help with brain cell detox during sleep and promoting uninterrupted sleep cycles.
- Normal muscle relaxation: Magnesium is especially important for muscular relaxation, but complementary nutrients may help to counteract the effects of mental stress that can manifest physically.
According to information provided by our suppliers, these capsules are free of the 8 major allergens as identified by the Food Allergen Labeling and Consumer Protection Act of 2004 (FALCPA): Wheat (gluten), eggs, milk, soybeans, shellfish, fish, peanuts, tree nuts.
- Adults: Dissolve one (1) scoop which is 6 grams in water or a beverage of choice at bedtime and drink immediately, or as directed by a healthcare professional.
- Pregnant or lactating women and individuals taking prescription medications should consult with a healthcare professional before taking any supplement.
- If you have a medical condition or take pharmaceutical drugs, please consult with your healthcare practitioner before using this product.
- R.E.M. Maintenance™ contains 5-HTP which should not be taken with MAO inhibitors or tricyclic antidepressants.
- May cause drowsiness.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery after taking this product.
- Keep away from children.
- Safety sealed for your protection.
- Keep bottle capped at all times and store in a cool dry place.