Metabolic® Maintenance Evening Primrose, 180 softgels
- Health Practitioner Brand
- Guaranteed 3-Day Delivery on All Orders
- Free Shipping on Orders Over $49
- Official Online Retailer for Metabolic® Maintenance
- Freshness Guaranteed
Metabolic® Maintenance Evening Primrose Oil is a rich source of the omega-6 fatty acids —linoleic acid (LA) and gamma-linolenic acid (GLA). LA is an essential fatty acid that cannot be synthesized by the body and must be obtained in foods. GLA is rare in foods, but can be biosynthesized from LA. These fatty acids are the precursors of prostaglandins — physiologically active lipid compounds that have diverse functions including vasodilation and regulation of the inflammatory response. Evening Primrose Oil supports balanced hormone function; helps maintain healthy skin, joints, and weight; and may lessen premenstrual discomfort. Order your bottle today!
For over three decades, Metabolic® Maintenance has been steadfast in producing pure, high quality, preservative free products with no added excipients, fillers or binders. Their products are manufactured per the highest standards with only the most conscientious sourcing of ingredients. The foundation of who they are is not only evident in the products they produce but the environment in which they work as well as the fact that they are the oldest family owned company in our industry of nutritional supplements. Based out of the High Cascades in Central Oregon, they are fortunate to live and manufacture in a community that is beaming with health and wellness professionals, extreme world class athletes, and families that strive for optimal health and longevity of life.
This product is manufactured according to the cGMP Standards and Inspection. Tests before, during and after processing guarantee uniform quality and purity. Quality manufacturing practices are essential to the integrity of professionally oriented natural health products. That is why our dispensary is independently registered by NSF® to meet cGMP requirements for the brands we carry. NSF International audits each of our facilities twice per year. Together, we offer industry-leading shipping times and reliability. Orders placed before 4:30 PM EST are processed and shipped the same day and will arrive at your door within days.
What is Evening Primrose Oil?
Evening Primrose Oil is a natural product, pressed from the seeds of the evening primrose plant. It is an excellent dietary source of essential fatty acids, which leads to a number of benefits in the body.
How Does Evening Primrose Oil Work?
Essential fatty acids (EFAs), like the ones found in Evening Primrose Oil, are precursor molecules for prostaglandins (PGs) and leukotrienes (LTs) which regulate inflammation. When the body has enough EFAs, PGS, and LTs can then be synthesized and released by almost every tissue in the body, for a number of biological functions, including anti-inflammatory and immune responses.
What is the Suggested Use for Evening Primrose Oil?
- Regulate Inflammation. Supplementing Evening Primrose Oil has been shown to elevate GLA concentrations in the body, thereby leading to an increase in PGs, and specifically PGE1. PGE1 has a negative feedback role in chronic inflammation, supporting a healthy inflammatory response, which may aid in joint comfort.
- Healthy Skin. Evening Primrose Oil supports elasticity, moisture, firmness, and fatigue resistance in the skin. When GLA levels are low in the body, PGE1 is diminished, leading to immune dysregulation and dominance of pro-inflammatory prostaglandins (PGE2 and PGF2), which can lead to dermatitis (a condition characterized by itching, redness, swelling, and cracking of the skin). As Evening Primrose Oil is a natural source of both LA and GLA in relatively high concentrations, its supplementation can aid in the prevention of this imbalance and maintenance of healthy skin. It may also help to clear acne through similar mechanisms.
According to information provided by our suppliers, these capsules are free of the 8 major allergens as identified by the Food Allergen Labeling and Consumer Protection Act of 2004 (FALCPA): Wheat (gluten), eggs, milk, soybeans, shellfish, fish, peanuts, tree nuts.
- Adults: Take one (1-2) softgel daily, or as directed by a healthcare professional.
- There is no standardized dosing for evening primrose oil. Each capsule of Metabolic Maintenance Evening Primrose Oil contains 500 mg of oil, including 38 mg GLA. Please consult your trusted healthcare provider for individualized dosing, based on your needs.
- Pregnant or lactating women and individuals taking prescription medications should consult with a healthcare professional before taking any supplement.
- If you have a medical condition or take pharmaceutical drugs, please consult with your healthcare practitioner before using this product.
- Keep away from children.
- Safety sealed for your protection.
- Keep bottle capped at all times and store in a cool dry place.